Connect with us

Trending Stories

Pregnant Woman Kills Husband; Blames The Devil For Her Action




A Thirty-year-old pregnant woman, Fatimoh Issa, has been arrested by the Kwara State Police Command for allegedly killing her first husband, Issa Yunusa, 48.

It was gathered on Sunday that Yunusa was a commercial motorcyclist in Ilorin.

Though the marriage had been blessed with three children, it was said that Fatimoh abandoned Yunusa after he had an accident and became financially incapacitated as he was no longer able to operate his commercial motorcycle business.

Fatimoh was said to have later met another man, Gani Ajibade, 25, a tricycle driver, with whom she started another relationship.

It was further learnt that the new relationship had been blessed with a child, while Fatimoh was also said to be expecting another baby for Ajibade.


It was learnt that not long ago, Fatimoh was informed that her former husband, Yunusa had fully recovered and had bought another motorcycle. She decided to go back to him.

However, while leaving Ajibade’s house, sources said she took his mobile phone. The source added that

Yunusa accepted Fatimoh back.

But Ajibade, who was not pleased with the turn of events, was said to have stormed Yunusa’s residence and demanded for his mobile phone.

The deceased was said to have promised Ajibade that he would get back the phone from the woman.


But the following morning, July 17, the neighbours were woken up about 5am by shouts from Fatimoh, who was seeking help from neighbours.

Some of the neighbours rushed into Yinusa’s house to know what the problem was. They found Yinusa in a pool of blood. Yinusa was said to have been hit by a heavy object on the head.

A top police officer, who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, said, “Yunusa was attacked with a heavy stone and eventually killed by Fatimoh.”

Neighbours were said to have made spirited efforts to rush Yinusa to hospital for treatment. But taxi drivers were said to have refused to convey the victims because they feared that he might die on the way to hospital.

Subsequently, the police arrested and detained Fatimoh and Ajibade at the State Criminal Investigation Department after Yunusa was confirmed dead.


The Kwara State Police Public Relation Officer, Mr. Olufemi Fabode, on Sunday said the two suspects were transferred from A Division to the SCID.

He added that Fatimoh had confessed to having committed the crime. Fabode, who is a deputy superintendent of police, said the suspect blamed the devil for her actions.

He said, “She told us that it was work of the devil. We also asked her what she used to kill him. She said she used a big stone. But when we asked her who would take care of the children since she killed her husband, she kept mute.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.